Silicone resin conformal coating
ABCHIMIE SVP 52 is a flexible, transparent modified silicone resin conformal coating. It may be soldered through to allow rework. It is suitable for dip coating, spraying and brushing.
ABCHIMIE SVP 52 is for use in the protection of electronic circuitry to meet the highest defence and aerospace industry requirements. Common uses include in telecommunications, radar and associated applications.
- Excellent adhesion under all climatic conditions
- Excellent resistance to mould growth and ultra violet light, and to prolonged exposure to tropical life and salt spray
- Wide temperature range -60°C to 200°C
- High gloss finish and high surface resistivity
- Coating thickness typically being 25 to 50 microns
- Fluorescent under ultra violet light as an aid to subsequent inspection
- Can be soldered through without fear of highly toxic gases being produced
- Halogen free.
ABCHIMIE SVP 52 can be sprayed, dipped or brushed. The thickness of the coating depends on the method of application, but a dip coater normally deposits a film thickness of about 25 microns
(single coat). Workshop temperatures of less than 16°C or relative humidities in excess of 75% are unsuitable for the application of SVP52.
All PCBs, being composite materials, absorb moisture. If this is not removed, the conformal coating may not protect to its fullest extent. Pre-drying, or better still, vacuum desiccation, will remove most of the moisture.
SVP52 contains a UV trace which allows inspection of the PCB after coating to ensure complete and even coverage. The stronger the reflected light, the thicker the coating layer is.
- 1 liter drum
- 5 liter drum